Published by @app103 on 2018-02-13
- 3 carrots diced (steamed in microwave 5 minutes)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 zucchini cut up
- 4 big spoons jarred garlic
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes peeled & diced
- 2 cups fresh kale pieces
- 1 handful of green beans, cut up
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 2 quarts unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tsp Mrs Dash Italian
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3-4 bay leaves
Combine and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick pressure release.
- 1 cup small pasta (small shells or elbows work well)
Stir in, cover, and wait 10 minutes. The existing heat of the soup will cook them just fine, without making them mushy.
- 1 can white beans
Rinse and stir in, wait a few minutes before serving. (canned beans don’t need cooking, just heating)
Serve with grated cheese.
NOTE: The trick with this one is to cut up everything small, so it cooks fast, and to partially cook the carrots, so that they get a head start before being added to the pressure cooker.